Giclee Print View of 1850s Newburyport from the Harbor
Signed and numbered on Archival Paper, Unframed. Aerial view of Newburyport from Fruit Street to Market Street showing the Mary L. Cushing and the Dreadnought ships in the harbor. The viewer heads in over the old wharves and buildings on the waterfront when the water reached to the back of the Market House and to the foot of Green Street. It is that magical time of twilight when the buildings and streets are still visible and the street lights and store lights have been lit. The view was created by utilizing the 1850 map showing the footprints of the buildings and by referencing old photographs of the 1850’s and 1860’s.